The Licking County Soil & Water Conservation District is seeking a full time Urban Conservation Technician. The successful candidate will provide technical assistance and education for urban conservation, with a focus on assisting local MS4 (Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System) operators with mandated responsibilities for the Ohio EPA NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) Program. Major responsibilities include inspecting and evaluating BMPs (Best Management Practices) related to erosion and sediment control in urban settings, specifically on construction site inspections, and inspecting and evaluating the stormwater system, including outfall inspections and mapping.
- Graduate of an accredited college with an Associates Degree (preferably in natural resources management, environmental science or related field); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to earn and maintain CESSWI (Certified Erosion, Sediment and Stormwater Inspector) credential.
- Familiarity with Ohio EPA NPDES program, urban development BMPs and regulations related to erosion and sediment control.
- Willingness to perform a combination of technical office and outdoor field work.
- Willingness to provide educational information to customers.
- Ability to traverse terrain in an outdoor environment.
- Ability to carry and transport resource materials and equipment.
- Demonstration of GIS skills, computer literacy and writing skills.
- Proof of valid Ohio driver’s license and remain insurable.
- Ability to pass a Licking County pre-employment drug screening and Federal background security check.
- Submit cover letter, resume and three references to the Licking County Soil & Water Conservation District, 771 East Main Street, Suite 100, Newark, OH 43055 or information@lickingSWCD.com.
- Deadline – 4:00 pm, Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, age, marital status, or other factors.