Gifts of Stock & Securities
Consider giving a gift of securities - such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds - to the Ohio Environmental Council. Gifts of securities can be a smart alternative to making a cash donation when you hold securities that have appreciated over time.
By donating appreciated stock or other securities, you may receive significant tax benefits: an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities and avoidance of capital gains tax on the appreciation.
Donating, rather than selling, your appreciated assets puts you in control of distributing your property. You choose who will receive it, rather than sacrificing part of its value to capital gains tax.
Donations are tax deductible for the market value of the security on the date it is given to the Ohio Environmental Council.
To learn more, please contact us at (614) 487-7506 or OEC@theOEC.org.
OEC Membership Benefits
- Being part of the team that secures healthy air, land, and water for all Ohioans.
- OEC's event invitations, announcements, and Greenwatch newsletter mailed or emailed to you.
- The opportunity to sharpen your citizen-activist skills through events and on-line action alerts.
- Reduced admission to events such as Environmental Lobby Day, Vernal Pool Workshops, and the Green Gala.
- Invitations to special Donor Recognition Events for Premier Members
- Two free tickets to the President's Dinner and all OEC events for Premier Members.
Exceptional Fiscal Responsibility
Charity Navigator, America's largest independent evaluator of charities, has awarded the Ohio Environmental Council the highest rating for fiscal health for eight years in a row, placing the OEC in the top 2% of all charities nationwide.